Current Bills, 98th General Assembly
In the last session Carol worked to pass all of her legislation with strong bipartisan support. With less than one year in Springfield, Carol passed legislation to:
- Reform the state budget to restore fiscal accountability and manage the state’s finances like a business instead of a bureaucracy
- Create jobs by expanding the Small Business Development Act
- Ease Illinois retailers new business start up costs through reasonable occupational tax requirements
- Increase the effectiveness of the Community Care Program to help more Alzheimer’s patients maintain their independence and quality of life longer by receiving in-home care
- Increase penalties for aggravated crimes against veterans
- Increase penalties for motorists who recklessly endanger bike riders
- And legislation to improve public safety, help the environment, and make it easier to do business in Illinois. Read more on the Illinois General Assembly website.
Carol serves on the following House committees:
- Appropriations - Human Services
- Cities & Villages
- Disability Services
- Renewable Energy
Click here for more information on these committees.
How a Bill Becomes a Law
Click here to see a flow chart explaining the steps a bill goes through on the way to becoming a law.